One Month of Paleo!
Hey peeps! Well, I officially made it one month on my Paleo diet. Yay, me!
If you’ve read any of my other posts, you are aware that I’m feeling great, but I thought I would give more of a specific update about my overall results after a full month.
- I’ve lost 8 pounds (I was aiming for at least 10, but I’m starting to wonder if some of my fat is turning to muscle)
- My clothes are fitting better, and my mid-section doesn’t seem so blechy. I’ve got a ways to go until I’m satisfied, but I can definitely see a difference.
- I feel less bloated and “heavy” after a meal. I get full, but I don’t have that gross, stuffed feeling anymore.
- I have noticeably more energy throughout the day.
- I feel like I’m sleeping better at night. I don’t have any data to support this, but it does seem that I’m falling to sleep a little faster and sleeping through the night a little better.
- I’m not craving processed foods. Sure, I still give into temptation a little, but I’d much rather have some fruit or nuts for a snack, instead of a kit kat or chips.
- I’m experimenting with food more than I ever have before. I think I’ve spent more time in the kitchen over the past month, than I had over the last year. Eating paleo isn’t as convenient as eating crap, but it’s made me more excited to get home to cook a nice meal or experiment with new baking ingredients.
- Food tastes better! For too long I’ve been covering up the deliciousness of natural foods with cheese, sauce, butter, salt, and sugar. I’ve realized that most vegetables are better cooked in a little olive oil and a squeeze of lemon (or just au naturale).
Here are a few of my favorite easy meals to give you a little inspiration. Long live paleo!